|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Monday, September 22, 2003 0 comments
Guess where i am this Sunday night? Yup, OSS lounge again. Doing my assignment.
Actually its at times like these when i wonder why i don't do as well as i think i should given all the time i spend doing assignments... :(
Great weather here in Melbourne today... warm, carefree and beautiful - the kind which wistful summer dreams are made of...
Well, woke up and went to the meeting in Box Hill with Chai, Chen Hoe and Adrian to discuss the various NLC issues. Don't really want to get into the details here but i felt it was productive (and the place we ate at had some pretty good char siew [did i spell that right?]). Had to go back home early for my family dinner at 7pm because i couldn't be bothered walking and the buses don't run on Sundays. Walked back from the shopping centre near my place to enjoy the weather and stopped by in the park nearby with a VB i bought at Coles, parked myself under a shady willow and watched some of the local kids playing footy... so relaxing - its like a scene right out of my childhood (minus the beer). Hey, at least i'm glad that i made the most of it! ;)
Had the weirdest experience last night... i was trying to doze off at about 4am (as usual) and i recall that i was humming a song in my head. Mind you i was still semi-conscious at this time... and then i sort of realised that there was another tune going along in the background, which sounded like a woman's gentle, whispered chant so i consciously stopped and opened my eyes and i could HEAR the end of her tune - and what shocked me was that it seemed to be right next to me! Damn... THAT caused me to bolt upright in my bed... See? More proof that i'm slowly going mad... That and that dream i had a few days back about my own funeral (lets not go there)!
I need a vacation... :o
Anyhow, had a great dinner tonight and my cousin Hsuen came over as well. The whole thing was like a farewell dinner for Kev and Polly who will be flying back to Malaysia in a few days for their real wedding at the Renaissance Hotel - Mmm... chops, grilled potatoes, pork ribs, and soup... i should eat at home more often! *grin* And to top it off they produced a birthday cake for me and wished me a belated birthday (11 days early and with one candle too many) before they left! Awww... i was touched... :)
Hmmm... but apparently its bad luck to cut the cake all the way to the bottom on your birthday? That explains the last 22 years!!! Buuuut its NOT my birthday today so i think i found a loophole around that bad luck (then again i also heard that its bad luck to celebrate your birthday in advance! Whoever came up with these rules is probably a very unlucky person by my reckoning)! ;p
In other news (i'm trying to make this a permanent fixture here):
- A girl in Freedom High School, Oakley USA, is setting up her very own bona fide 'Caucasian club'! Now there's a great idea... ;p
- And more on the RIAA vs Kazaa users... apparently telecom giant SBD is hitting back at the RIAA, quoting "Under the RIAA's interpretation of the law, anyone willing to pay a small fee and represent that its copyright is being violated would be entitled to know the name, address and phone number of the person behind an anonymous e-mail," said Ellis. "This would readily lead the Internet stalker, the child predator or the abusive spouse to their victims."
- Saddam Hussein is trying to cut a deal with Bush! Is this for real or bullshit? You Decide.
- Another PR fiasco in Iraq occured with an apparently drunk US soldier (whose buddies were having a party in the Baghdad zoo) killing one of two rare bengal tigers.
- And ladies! A warning... a woman (another one) has died from the use of the abortion pill RU-486 and in further news there may be a potential recall on these pills. Watch out!
Just wanted to add here my personal condolences to the families of the two Singaporean students in Sydney who were killed last week... :(
Well that's all from me for tonight... back to work (again)...
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger