|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Tuesday, December 16, 2003 0 comments
Mood: I should be sleeping
Currently listening to: Some local malay rap song
Yes, yes... got lazy/carried away/partying/goofing around/other for the past three days and, obviously, did not update my blog.
Let's see... Friday night was a drinking affair with some very old primary schoolmates around the Bangsar area along with my brother and his girlfriend. Might as well give y'all a brief rundown of the people i hung out with since they will most likely play a part in my life in the days to come - characters in my play if you will:
- Jonathan Tan: Old Eurasian chum (and also an anglais bitte!) who i knew well back in primary... went to England after that with his family and got an Aerospace Engineering Degree as well as a job at BAE (British Aerospace Engineering). He turned it down. Is now training to be a British copper with aspirations to join their special response team in the near future... apparently English cops get paid more than aerospace engineers, go figure... Anyways, good on ya Rubber! (oh, 'rubber johnny' was his nick back in school)
- Victor Lee: Another old friend from primary school who also came to GIS with me. Studied robotics in the US and is now working for Intel up in Penang. I've known this guy for a loooooong time. Was a fellow prefect under me in primary (can you believe i was the head prefect?) and was well known for his short shorts. Also likes giving ladies massages as well as shooting his dog in the balls with his slingshot. Drinks nowadays which is new...
- Low Kwong Heng: Alvin to those who know him in Australia and Rand's (from NLC - Melbourne uni) older brother. Better known as 'Kiasu' to those who are close to him (not because he is, slightly kiasu that is, but more because he resembles the comic book character of Singapore fame). Studied at Melbourne University which meant i hung around with him a lot when he was there, and now works for his dad in some IT job. Gets sodomized by his caring housemates on his birthday every year. Claims i took part but i will continue to deny that *winkity wink*.
- Paul: My brother. As evil, morbid, cynical, tall and twisted as i am, or so they say... 'Nuff said. ;)
- Nadine: Paul's girlfriend. Great gal (except when she's with Paul - they just hug and kiss each other all the time. Its depressing. To me, anyway *sniff*) whose father is a judge or somesuch... what can i say? Poor Paul... ;p
Can't really recall too much now from the night save for five key facts:
1) A jug of beer around here can cost RM48 (yikes!)
2) Sex sells - noticed that the number of company promoters (ciggies, alcohol, credit cards, etc.) around the area were pretty much solely composed of pretty good looking girls... not that i'm complaining, and i managed to win a Jack Daniels pen from one after spelling out the word TENESSEE with some wooden blocks.
3) Trying to quit smoking is a lot harder here - some people may blame the heat or the fact that it seems like everyone smokes but i say its the prices... (the girls distributing it aren't helping my case either!) ;p
4) Mamak still rules. Especially maggie mee goreng. And milo ice. And the fact that it all costs less, for two people, than a single meal at McDonald's in Aus... God bless Malaysia (although i think even He wouldn't go that far...)
5) People change - in some ways anyway - i found it all very strange now that me and my clique of friends who i have known since primary school (and some of whom i haven't seen in years) are drinking significant quantities of beer and oggling the... er... 'consumers' openly... Strange in the sense that, in hindsight and the catching up conversation that followed, we were all rather nerdish and (somewhat) 'pure' back then... ;)
Blame it on discovering (aka, having our youthful shoulders crushed by) the realities of the world or hormonal changes in, er, character... ;p
Saturday was pretty quiet all in all... was supposed to go clubbing with Joa and Julian (plus her female work friends) but that didn't work out becuse i didn't have her number. Other option was with Kwong Heng (KH from now on) and some of his female friends, one of whom was apparently 'dying' to meet me. Didn't work out either because it was too late for me... parents were not exactly happy that me and my brother sauntered home reeking of Tiger beer at 4am in the morning the previous night. Well, i came here for the discipline after all, right? ;)
So instead i thought i'd watch a movie at One Utama by myself but that didn't work out either - nothing on at that time in English. Did go out for dinner with my dad and commenced my plan on getting to know him better - it went pretty well... i think there's a lot which he can teach me about the business end of things. Will work on it in the near future through a more conscientious and methodolical effort in talking to him on a personal level...
Sunday, didn't do much at all. Played squash with my brother and went walkabout at night in the area around my place... old Melbourne habits (walking at night and such) are hard to break. ;)
Today, stayed at home most of the day, working on my upcoming project and schedule in detail - more on that tommorow hopefully. Did commence going to the gym with my father and brother (weird, the three of us have never worked out together before) in the evening so feeling pretty good all in all.
As for the title of this blog, more on that tommorow (hopefully) as well. It's the beginning of the week, and therefore the commencement of my plan...
Shit, just realised how long this post is so i'll just leave two links for today... take a look at Stickdeath if you haven't already, it's hilarious! Also, Lauryn Hill has made the news today... you go girl!
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger