|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Monday, August 30, 2004 0 comments
Al here again, thanks to circumstance I'm trapped at Pat's until Tuesday. So yeah. You'll have to wait longer still for your daily Pat fix, he's making me type tonight's entry as well. Grrahh.
Pat finally broke my spirit and I'll be starting to experiment with Blogging within the next couple of days so I guess you all can expect a link to my innermost surreal and disturbing thoughts before too long.
Started the day out with a trip to the Karaoke bar at Bangsar Shopping Centre with Pat, Alvin, Joa and Sneexe. We all got a complimentary iced tea, which I thought was just rancid, but I suppose the price is right. The buffet wasn't bad for being free as well, and I didn't get food poisoning so I'm chalking that one up as a win for me. I don't remember all the stuff we did, but highlights include:
*Pat, Alvin and I breaking out into a rousing rendition of "Staying Alive". We sounded SO gay but we still rocked the house.
*Alvin selecting David Lee Roth's "I'm Just A Gigolo" not once, but twice, back to back, AND actually attempting it. You're no Zamil, dude, but you got cohones.
As an aside, CONGRATS ZAMIL on making it another week on Malaysian Idol! I saw the video of your performance, dude, it was awesome. That white guy on the judge panel was being a total biatch.
Z A M I L B O L E H!!
And now, back to your regularly scheduled Blog.
*The mike got messed up and the feedback destroyed me when I tried to sing "With Or Without You".
*Apparently, I kicked ass on "Love Shack" by the B-52s. Joa thought it was scary but I mantain she was lucky it wasn't "Rock Lobster" instead.
*Pat and I did a righteous job on "La Bamba", ESPECIALLY since it's in Espanol we didn't know the words. Go go Gadget Speedreading!
*Sneexe and Joa can SING. That is all.
After that was done, we had some coffee and bummed around until the evening, when we went to go see Aliens Vs. Predator.
>>>>> SPOILER ALERT <<<<<
Basically if you went into this movie with the same level of expectations that you SHOULD have had for The Chronicles of Riddick, you were golden. It was a lot better than I thought it would be, except for a few things.
1) There was a human survivor. Unless your name is Arnold fuckin' Schwarzenegger, you should not have survived. And seriously, like, a freshly-hollowed out Alien skull as a shield? Oh listen, lady, I know Alien blood can dissolve tempered steel, but trust me, you'll be fine if you stick your unprotected arm in. No, really. I used extra Dettol. Plus, having the human and the Predator working side by side was just so wrong.
2) The Human contingent should have been represented by Colonial Marines. Say it with me: MARINES! Everyone knows almost all the humans are fodder in any such situation, but when they don't even present the appearance of a coherent or even competent military presence, you might as well have cast Ben Kingsley as Gandhi for the movie's lead role. Plus Marines get all these cool guns and bombs and stuff.
3) The heroine goes through almost the whole climax of the movie dressed in a little one-layer pink top. To the credit of the writers, they made it long-sleeved, and thermal. But still. She's in the middle of fucking Antarctica, the windchill alone should have killed her dead like disco.
And what I thought were the plus sides of the movie:
1) The main Predator was SO righteous, he was like the Samuel L. Jackson of Predators. Good death sequence.
2) Seriously the best part of the movie, practically NO exposition. Less than five minutes in and the whole crew is assembled and ready to check out the Alien pyramid.
>>>>> END OF SPOILER <<<<<
So yeah, I think that's about all I have to say for the time being. Tune in tomorrow for a pre-Merdeka Day report, there should be drinking, hollering and public displays of lewdness. And then we'll probably leave the apartment and go check out the celebrations.
Pat might write a little in this entry, though I doubt it. Well, laters.
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger