|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Wednesday, January 25, 2006 0 comments
Mood: Relieved (the day is almost over - one more to go!)
Reading: Google Agrees to Censor Results in China
Currently listening to: Nothing
Quote of the day: "Television is for appearing on - not for looking at." - Noel Coward
Got this amusing tidbit of local reflection in the mail today from Lyanna:
Did you know there are quite a lot of things you can't see on Malaysian TV?
1. Malaysians, especially Malays showing of their armpits. Boleh tunjuk aurat tapi ketiak tak boleh. Why? Nobody knows...
2. Visuals of cigarettes and tobacco products. Cannot show lighted cigarette.
3. An uncovered dead body. Cannot show the decomposing person's face. Dismembered hand and leg okay but not the blodied end.
4. Cannot show pig, or any pork dishes. For instance, chinese sausage, bah kut teh and pork chop.
5. Malaysians cannot show excessive cleavage. Forget wearing a push-up bra on air with a low cut dress. If your cleavage can form a dark shadow, then cannot show.
6. Can show the inside of a human vagina but cannot demonstrate anything going inside (including IUD's). If want to teach sex education, can only show from cervix and above. However, you can say the word vagina on air.
7. Cannot show diagram or drawings of an erect penis. If it's a cross section of a flacid penis for sex education is okay.
8. Muslims cannot wear earrings and have tattoos.
9. If demonstrating sanitary napkins or diapers, can only use blue liquid and not yellow or red. Actually can use clear coloured liquid but doesn't look as good as blue. Cannot demonstrate how to use a sanitary napkin, as in someone holding an open one in their hand and bending it.
Hrmmm... from my personal experience, which since the advent of Cable TV here is admittedly not a lot, all of these are quite true (well, no doubt so since Lyanna works in Media).
I personally find No.8 to be rather interesting and... actually, now that i think about it... does No.5 apply to men as well? O_o
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger