|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 0 comments
Since LS doesn't have a blog of her own (Why???) i've taken the liberty of posting her answers from the questions i asked her in my 5 Questions post...
Speaking of which, Fridaycat has already answered her five (yay!) and i'm eagerly awaiting Sel and Shaz's answers to theirs!
1. How do you feel that the article you posted "It's human to live with shame" relates to a certain Patrick Pincon?
I recall a certain Pippin blushing as he told me a little secret on a morning walk in town one day (given it was morning, he probably was not thinking clearly enough)... When I read the article I thought, "hey this explains something!" Thus I decided to pitch it out there to see if PP felt it may explain something. :)
If you want me to go into further detail I would but then I would be breaking "client confidentiality rules" and thus need to be properly bribed ;)
2. Anagram time! How many words can you come up with from BLACKMAIL?
Twenty eight. Don't know if that's good or bad. I have not done this in a decade...
3. Assume that you have somehow become a global dictator with its associated powers and military muscle (and perceived limits - use your political acumen!). What are the three most important things/changes/policies that you would implement?
- Specific funding for organic, sustainable and community farming
- Install recycle, reuse and compost garbage management systems across the world
- Install leftover restaurant and supermarket food collections like those run currently in New York and Sydney which target at feeding the poor and stop food wastage.
- Special incentives for companies in finding alternative, environment friendly options to the consumption of limited natural resources (eg gas)
- No cars in cities, only public transport, bicycles (for rent, with microchips) and pedestrians
- Funding for research in soil and water management, specifically for desert and swamp regions.
- Designation of all rainforests & safari bush as world heritage listing for governmental usage only and then turn them into eco-parks so revenue goes into governmental coffers, indigenous population gets employment & has incentive to deter illegal plundering. All plunderers (ie those caught with more than just a stone or leaf or bug) to be dealt with according to indigenous rules under the guidance of local judges - local population only obliged to report results to government afterwards... (yes they can hang them shoot them eat them, I will make sure that the whole world knows of "Beware the law of the bush" - local judges to be voted for by the locals after nomination from both locals and national authorities when eco-parks established to specialise in dealing with cases within a week of plunderer capture, no lawyers permitted, judge decides the verdict and the rest of the population in local area decides the penalty in consultation with the judge)
System of communication and transparency
- Heavy penalties for corrupt public servants (including employment termination and doing hard labour on infrastructure which they cannot sabotage)
- Awards for outstanding service in public and private sectors - recommendations via public servants and the public.
- Budget and funding allocation in government provided on basis of cost efficiencies, departmental productivity, HR turnover and staff & public feedback.
- All governments (delegation is key here) must have day(s) for Public Parliament, held in the fashion of the Isle of Man's People Parliament.
- Special media awards for true revelations and reports, heavy penalties for misleading information - compensation for government time & money wasted in checking on authenticity of claims.
- funding focus on regional and rural areas;
- increase teacher wages and training;
- meritocracy system in university intake running in conjunction with affirmative action (without disadvantaging those of merit- 1st level of action would be targeted at disadvantaged & indigenous groups because these are the people most likely to need the action, with focused scholarship funding in agriculture, environmental/land management & food sciences, botany, law, business and medicine);
- funding in research & development for science & the arts - up to 10% GDP from government with corresponding funding from industry; intellectual property and royalty rights to be split 4 ways among key researcher(s), institution, sponsoring business and government while costs to be attributed among institutions, sponsoring business and government; strengthening of copyright laws enacted under UN Convention including increased security at ports and spot confiscation of suspect homes & airports (hey I am a dictator, I can do anything)
- making Indigenous Culture & History, World & Local History, and Innovation & Change around Us (subject developed around the concepts of Edward De Bono which will also argue world philosophy, politics and Shakespeare, among other things) compulsory subjects in high school and college.
- Final year high school and university students to attend parliamentary sessions and have, as a final year project, policy/strategic/debate input into government priorities for later real usage. To assure they never overthrow me, I shall make them understand that to be loyal to me is to have freedom, wealth and stability, that I am the greatest and they can never be as good a leader as I am... mwahahahaha
4. I miss our jazz outings! If you had the miraculous opportunity to listen to any single musician playing at his best for 30 minutes who would he/she be and why?
George Shearing. Fantastic pianist, and the man I credit for turning me into a jazz fan (I still list his piano rendition of Thelominous Monk's 'Round Midnight' as my favourite piano piece)
5. You're actually one of the only people in the world who has actually danced with me on an actual bona fide dance floor in a club! If you could have the time to perfect a single dance, what would that dance be?
The salsa. I have got the basic steps but I really need to work out the twirling bit... it is versatile and "user-friendly" ie you can dance it whether as a single or as a couple.
Now, for the Official Interview Game Rules:
1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.
Obviously LS will be the one asking you the questions... ;)
Thanks Lou! :)
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger