|A retreat for the well-being of my mind from the insanity of the life that is mine.|
Wednesday, September 21, 2005 0 comments
Mood: zzz... (as usual)
Reading: Mysterious 'Ball Of Fire' Seen In Fla. Skies
Currently listening to: Modal Mile - Koop
Quote of the day: "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward
I'm back! Huzzah!
And without much, as usual, to write about... Time for an accounting of my whereabouts for the last few days methinks (well, from what i can remember at any rate):
- Had a Sat dinner at Vincenzo's in One Bangsar with most of the gang (12 pax?). Pretty good stuff, i was more than happy with my salmon fettucine (although my choice of appetizer was unfortunately eaten by everyone else while i was having a smoke...) whilst the much hyped about creme brulee was... well... actually quite naff really. Which is to say 'all right' but nothing special really. The interior was quite nice in a modernesque 'lets leave the roof, pipes and all, completely open' kinda way whilst service was all right as well and they seemed to be doing a roaring business - so much so that we couldn't get an extra chair half the time. All in all quite good with a price tag and serving sizes that were reasonable.
We went to Oasis after that for some surprisingly cheap booze (RM26/jug? w00t!) and pool (after being joined by some of CH's friends resulting in a table of 20+) and, aside from a minor roadside 'incident' between Leonard and a motorcyclist as well as me and Vikram giving my car a quick wash at 1am in the morning thanks to my appalling choice of parking (fucking birds), it was a pretty good chill out session in a nice environment replete with a live band and, alas, nary an air conditioner in sight.
- Speaking of which, the dinner at Sahara Tent was a pretty interesting experience what its environment of bona fide burkha-clad customers (seriously!) and wild chaotic noises, in the background... Wah! So realistic wan! ;)
A fair number of us were there that night (12 people i believe?) and, well, lets just say that we had some opposing opinions on the food with some relating to me that it was good, whilst others were none too impressed with their choices. I was one of the latter. Note of warning to those who might go there in the near future - the 'combo' dish as seen in this pic looks NOTHING like this. Stick with the chicken or minced lamb appetizers (or, come to think of it, any appetizers)... All in all it wasn't bad with only some erroneous billing, a distinct lack of alcoholic beverages (*wail!*), and dry as tinder lamb kebab detracting from our meal there.
- Shit lah, i might as well get all these dinners out of the way while i'm at it. So anyways, last Friday we went to Fisherman's Cove down in Starhill for... erm... fish. About 12 people showed up (including Flloyd and Kristin, yay!). And yes, it was to celebrate my graduation the next day. Erm... apologies to those who may have come, but it was a rather last minute affair and contrary to my blogging habits i didn't put up a post... desole! We also had drinks at the very cool (and very close by) Village Bar where i bought the lot of them one round of drinks to celebrate my freedom from all things academic.
Damned moochers. :p
Joa's done a review of sorts in her blog complete with pics of the dinner and after-dinner so check it out ja?
Hell she even managed to get some (bad) pics of me in the process... :p
Regarding her observations on the dinner all i'll say are the following:
- Yes, it WAS pretty pricey in there (although nowhere near Cafe Cafe).
- I recommend the appetizer i took... not only did it contain half a crab, scallops, mussels, and a whole lot of tasteless soup - it cost me RM28. Fair cop i say! ;)
- Don't eat anything BUT the fish! As i'm sure Al will soon point out the pasta is just not worth it... My recommendations? The spicy barramundi with ground green chilli on top was AMAZING!
- Oh, and do what Vikram and Jo did - buy a whole fish and make two sizable dishes out of it with the various sauces/cooking styles they offer. At approximately
- Why is the black bean mousse GREEN??? Tasty regardless. ;)
- Joa's pics are pretty small (*tsk tsk*) so if you want to see them in their full glory, right-click on them, go to 'properties' and highlight + copy the 'location'. Proceed to slap that onto your browser, add two cups of water and fry lightly till golden. Mmmm...
- Right. In other news i went for my graduation ceremony on Saturday. Much relief was evidenced by my parents who still can't believe its all finally over (perhaps it isn't - planning to kill off my final three finance subjects next year while working and get that degree as well)... *evil laughter*
Gah! I'm such a glutton for punishment.
So, yeah, the ceremony was... pretty crowded. Surprisingly (since this directly involves me) nothing untoward happened throughout the whole thing... I got my academic gown - with a dark green splash to indicate my Faculty of IT - got the official pics taken, sauntered up the stairs, doffed my hat, and got my degree.
Boring huh? Frankly i really don't see what the ceremonial fuss was all about. At any rate i'll try and talk about it more in a seperate post once i manage to snag the pics from my mother...
I did get some nifty grad gifts though! A cigar from Kwong Heng, Flloyd and Adrian as well as a really cool and sorely needed shirt from Joa - thanks y'all! :)
- Oh! Almost forgot to mention my Merdeka Day thing at Alvin's place complete with his fantastic coffee, a smidget of alcohol, and two 1st season Malaysian Idol finalists who came along - namely Zamil and Rydee! The conversation was great throughout and i finally glimpsed some 'tudung' mobile phone pr0n whilst hearing the fireworks from the main parade in the background. Ahhhh...
- And, yeah, other than that its been work, work, mamak and more work. *sigh*
Spent most of last week manning our booth at an expo and tomorrow i'll be assisting in our BS7799 forum... at 8am in the morning.
Which reminds me - i need sleep.
Will be having a pretty busy weekend up ahead though - Friday will probably see me checking out that new bar at Plaza Kiara, whilst Saturday will be spent sweating out my end of term French exam (argh!) followed by my super secret combined birthday bash with Kwong Heng at Alvin's place... (shhh! Its a secret! *snicker*)
Anyway, its late. Toodles.
Name: Patrick Pincon
Studied at: Monash
Work: Business Development
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
See my complete profile!
My Ugly Mug
Bitch 2 Pat!
My Old Website
The Drudge Report
Guide to Philosophy
Speed Date Malaysia
The Smoking Gun
Malaysian Idol Insider
Malaysian Idol Videos Site
The Brunching Shuttlecocks
Arms Control Wonk
Modern Firearms & Ammunition
Lawyers, Guns And Money
Did They Read It?
KL Nightlife Listing
Player vs Player
Ctrl + Alt + Del
Home Star Runner
Return To Sender
Neko The Kitty
FHM's 100 Greatest Games
Little Fluffy Industries
Blogs/Sites I Visit
free web statistics
design by maystar
powered by blogger